With an eye on ICC Cricket World Cup 2019, Team India will play around 30 ODIs in an estimated 63 international games across formats, scheduled for the 2018-19 season. India will also play 12 Tests during the upcoming season along with 21 T20Is.
India’s ongoing season (2017-18) will come to an end with the Nidahas Tri-Nation T20 tournament in Sri Lanka (Bangladesh, being the third team).
While the cricket calendar starting in April, the Indian cricket team will start its campaign in June with a short two-match T20 series against Ireland. In the same month, India will host Afghanistan for the historic one-off Test in Bengaluru.
The tour of England will begin in July and end early-September where India will play five Tests, three ODIs, and three T20Is.
There is a window for the Asia Cup (50 overs) but the dates and the venues are yet to be finalized. The tournament will have around nine ODIs.
India’s home season will be a short one with the West Indies coming in for two Tests, five ODIs, and three T20Is during October and November. India will then fly to Australia to play four Tests, three T20Is, and three ODIs in November and December.
Also, India’s tour of New Zealand, from mid-January to mid-February, will have five ODIs and five T20Is.
In the second half of February, Australia will tour India for a limited-overs series — five ODIs and two T20I.
The curtains will be drawn on the 2018-19 season with Zimbabwe visiting India to play a three-match T20 series.
India’s 2018-19 season itinerary:
- June 2018: Ireland (2 T20) (Away)
- June 2018: Afghanistan (1 Test) (Home)
- July-September 2018: England (5 Tests, 3 ODI, 3 T20) (Away)
- September 2018: Asia Cup (Approx 9 ODIs) (Venue and Date yet to be finalized)
- October-November 2018: West Indies (2 Tests, 5 ODI, 3 T20) (Home)
- November-December 2018: Australia (4 Tests, 3 ODI, 3 T20) (Away)
- January-February 2019: New Zealand (5 ODI, 5 T20) (Away)
- February-March 2019: Australia (5 ODI, 2 T20) (Home)
- March 2019: Zimbabwe (3 T20) (Home)