Team India will travel to Australia for a two-months long tour as per the recent schedule released by Cricket Australia.
In a blockbuster tour, scheduled to begin from November 21 this year, both sides will compete in three T20Is, four Tests and three ODIs. The series will start off with the shortest format, with the first T20I to be played at The Gabba on November 21, 2018.
After the three-match T20I series, the two teams will compete in a four-match Test series, the first of which will be played from December 6, 2018, at Adelaide Oval.
The second Test will be played in Perth from December 16. After a week’s break, the two teams will travel to Melbourne for the Boxing Day Test which begins on December 26 at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG).
The fourth and final Test between the two top cricketing nations will begin from January 3, 2019 at Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG), after which the two sides will lock horns in 3-match ODI series, the first of which will be played in SCG on January 12. The tournament will conclude with the third ODI at MCG on January 18.
Former Australia skipper Steve Smith and vice-captain David Warner, who were banned by CA in March following the ball-tampering scandal, will not be a part of the series, as they will still be serving their 12-month ban. But Cameron Bancroft, who was handed a nine-month ban, will become eligible for selection in the team for the ODI series.
India tour of Australia 2018-19 schedule:
- November 21 – Australia v India, The Gabba, 1st T20I
- November 23 – Australia v India, MCG, 2nd T20I
- November 25 – Australia v India, SCG, 3rd T20I
- December 6-10 – Australia v India, Adelaide Oval, 1st Test
- December 14-18 – Australia v India, Perth Stadium, 2nd Test
- December 26-30 – Australia v India, MCG, 3rd Test
- January 3-7 – Australia v India, SCG, 4th Test
- January 12 – Australia v India, SCG, 1st ODI
- January 15 – Australia v India, Adelaide Oval, 2nd ODI
- January 18 – Australia v India, MCG, 3rd ODI