The Indian Premier League (IPL) auction for the 12th season held in Jaipur saw franchisees bidding aggressively for the uncapped Indian players like Varun Chakravarthy and Shivan Dube, who were bought by Kings XI Punjab and Royal Challengers Bangalore at a whopping amount of Rs 8.4 crore and Rs 5 crore respectively.
Meanwhile, left-arm pacer Jaydev Unadkat beat the likes of Sam Curran and Colin Ingram to become the most expensive player at the auction.
Many big players like Hashim Amla, Dale Steyn, Morne Morkel, Brendon McCullum, Corey Anderson and Shaun Marsh did not find any buyers.
While sixer-king Yuvraj Singh was lucky in the second round when he was bought by Mumbai Indians at the base price of Rs 1 crore after remaining unsold in round one.
Here is the list of top 10 most expensive players bought at IPL 2019 auction:
- Jaydev Unadkat: Rajasthan Royals (Rs 8.4 crore)
- Varun Chakravarthy: Kings XI Punjab (Rs 8.4 crore)
- Sam Curran: Kings XI Punjab (Rs 7.20 crore)
- Colin Ingram: Delhi Capitals (Rs 6.40 crore)
- Shivam Dube: Royal Challengers Bangalore (Rs 5 crore)
- Mohit Sharma: Chennai Super Kings (Rs 5 crore)
- Axar Patel: Delhi Capitals (Rs 5 crore)
- Carlos Brathwaite: Kolkata Knight Riders (Rs 5 crore)
- Mohammad Shami: Kings XI Punjab (Rs 4.80 crore)
- Prabhsimran Singh: Kings XI Punjab (Rs 4.80 crore)