New Zealand will host India next year in all three formats as the two teams will lock horns in five T20 Internationals (T20Is), three One-day Internationals (ODI) and two Test matches.
The tour will also include a World Test Championship encounter between the top two ranked teams.
NZC chief executive David White, on Friday, said the second T20I, slated for January 26 – part of a proposed festival of cricket at Eden Park – is still subject to receiving resource consent from the Auckland Council.
“This is a notified consent process and I had really encouraged the cricket community to make submissions in support of the game, which is scheduled for India’s Republic Day and is shaping up to be a wonderful occasion,” White said in an NZC statement.
Ahead of hosting India, the Kiwis will play host to England in a five-match T20I and two-match Test series. The tour will be from November 1 to December 3, 2019.
The Black Caps will then travel to Australia to battle it out in three-match Test series from December 12 to January 7, 2020.
Complete schedule for Team India’s tour of New Zealand 2020
- January 24: 1st T20I at Eden Park, Auckland
- January 26: 2nd T20I at Eden Park, Auckland
- January 29: 3rd T20I at Seddon Park, Hamilton
- January 31: 4th T20I at Westpac Stadium, Wellington
- February 2: 5th T20I at Bay Oval, Tauranga
- February 5: 1st ODI at Seddon Park, Hamilton
- February 8: 2nd ODI at Eden Park, Auckland
- February 11: 3rd ODI at Bay Oval, Tauranga
- February 21-25: 1st Test at Basin Reserve, Wellington
- February 29-March 4: 2nd Test at Hagley Oval, Christchurch