The line up for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 semifinals is now complete; Australia, India, England and New Zealand have booked their spots for the knockout stage of the tournament.
The fourth spot landed in the lap of New Zealand, who are on 11 points and can only finish fourth.
Hosts England, who became the third team to seal their spot in the semis, will finish with 12 points and they can also not finish any higher or lower.
Australia is currently at the top of the table with 14 points, while India is second with 13 points.
World Cup 2019 Semi-Final Criteria: Three Possible Scenarios
1. If India wins against Sri Lanka and Australia lose against South Africa then India will top the points table with 15 points and Australia will be second.
2. If India loses against Sri Lanka, it will remain at the second spot.
3. If both India and Australia win, then also Australia will be at the top of the points table and India will remain second.
On the other hand, England and New Zealand will remain at their current positions, third and fourth spot respectively. The team that is ranked first in the points table will face the fourth-placed team, while the second-ranked team will face the third-placed team.
Semi-final encounter possibilities:
1. If India is ranked first, it will play against New Zealand in the semi-final at Old Trafford, Manchester on July 9 (Tuesday).
2. If India remains in the second spot then it will face England in the semi-final at Edgbaston, Birmingham on July 11 (Thursday).
All will depend upon India vs Sri Lanka and Australia vs South Africa matches on July 6. A tie or a washout in any of the two matches will not help India.