The International Cricket Council recently announced the final digital content viewing numbers for ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019. The #CWC19 video content views were over 4.6 billion, with 2.3 billion minutes watched on YouTube and 1.2 billion minutes on Facebook.
Speaking about these unprecedented numbers, ICC CEO Manu Sawhney said, “The growth in consumption along with these record-breaking numbers demonstrates the power of cricket to bring together an enormous global audience“.
These numbers also confirm the tournament as one of the world’s most-watched sporting event. The ICC website and app had a total of 75 million unique users with 824 million page views.
— ICC Cricket World Cup (@cricketworldcup) July 16, 2019
On Twitter, there were around 31 million tweets with the hashtag “CWC19”. India-Pakistan match was the biggest ODI on the platform with 2.9 million tweets beating the final between England and New Zealand.
ICC World Cup 2019 by the NUMBERS
- 75m+ Unique Users across the ICC website and app
- 4.6bn+ Digital Video views
- 824m page/ screen views
- Twitter: 31m #CWC19 Tweets
- Facebook: 1.2bn mins watched
- YouTube: 2.3bn+ mins watched
- Instagram: 260m+ engagements
- 14.4m+ New Social Media Followers
- 41m Hostar Dream11 Fantasy Teams