The Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020 Auction took place in Kolkata on December 19. The auction brought excitement and kept cricket experts and fans on the edge of their seats. A total of 62 players were sold during the mini-auction.
As expected, the team owners spent a huge amount of money on some of the big names in world cricket.
From Australia to South Africa, and England to the West Indies, players belonging to different countries were grabbed by the eight IPL franchises.
The Aussie speedster Pat Cummins became the most expensive overseas buy while leg-spinner Piyush Chawla became the most expensive Indian buy.
— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) December 19, 2019
Here is the list of top 10 most expensive players bought at IPL 2020 auction:
- Pat Cummins: Kolkata Knight Riders (15.50 crore)
- Glenn Maxwell: Kings XI Punjab (10.75 crore)
- Chris Morris: Royal Challengers Bangalore (10.00 crore)
- Sheldon Cottrell: Kings XI Punjab (8.50 crore)
- Nathan Coulter-Nile: Mumbai Indians (8.00 crore)
- Shimron Hetmyer: Delhi Capitals (7.75 crore)
- Piyush Chawla: Chennai Super Kings (6.75 crore)
- Sam Curran: Chennai Super Kings (5.50 crore)
- Eoin Morgan: Kolkata Knight Riders (5.25 crore)
- Marcus Stoinis: Delhi Capitals (4.80 crore)