Unbeaten centuries from Aaron Finch (110 off 114 balls) and David Warner (128 off 112 balls) helped the visitors to crush India by 10-wickets in the opening game of the three-match series at Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai on Tuesday.
The Aussie openers batted so well that it looked like an extremely one-sided contest.
Chasing a below-par score of 255 never troubled the pair of Finch and Warner; in fact, the way they played even 320-330 wouldn’t have made any difference.
— #7Cricket (@7Cricket) January 14, 2020
Highest targets chased down without losing a wicket (ODI)
- 279 South Africa v Bangladesh Kimberley 2017 (Amla, De Kock)
- 256 Australia v India Mumbai 2020 (Finch, Warner)
- 255 England v Sri Lanka Edgbaston 2016 (Hales, Roy)
- 236 New Zealand v Zimbabwe Harare 2015 (Guptill, Latham)
- 230 Sri Lanka v England Colombo RPS 2011 (Dilshan, Tharanga)
Third successive loss for India at the Wankhede
- Lost to South Africa by 214 runs, 2015
- Lost to New Zealand by 6 wickets, 2017
- Lost to Australia by 10 wickets, 2020
Highest Partnerships for Australia (ODIs)
- 284 T Head – D Warner v Pakistan (1st) Adelaide 2017
- 260 S Smith – D Warner v Afghanistan (2nd) Perth 2015
- 258*A Finch – D Warner v India (1st) Mumbai WS 2020
10-wicket wins vs India (ODIs)
- 113 (target) New Zealand MCG 1981
- 200 West Indies Bridgetown 1997
- 165 South Africa Sharjah 2000
- 189 South Africa Kolkata 2005
- 256 Australia Mumbai Wankhede 2020