Ahead of the eagerly anticipated thirteenth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL), India plays its last bilateral series against South Africa, starting March 12.
South Africa last toured India to feature in three-match T20I and ODI series last year in September-October. India won the Test series comprehensively by 3-nil and shared the T20I series at 1-1, with a match being washed out.
However, the South African morale will be sky-high after the whitewash ODI series win against Australia at home. The series win was their first in any format of the game in 12 months.
The Proteas bolstered their middle order with the addition of their talismanic batsman Faf du Plessis and Rassie Van der Dussen.
In the absence of their injured star bowler Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje and Lungi Ngidi will have to take the additional responsibility in the pace department.
Meanwhile, the big guns from the Indian team, Shikhar Dhawan, Hardik Pandya, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, return to the side after recuperating from their respective injuries. Shubman Gill and Prithvi Shaw have also been provided opportunities to display their prowess with the bat.
Rohit Sharma remains unavailable due to a groin injury, while Mohammad Shami received a well-deserved rest. Mayank Agarwal, Kedar Jadhav, Shivam Dube, and Shardul Thakur did not cut into Indian squad, after the ODI whitewash in New Zealand.
Quinton de Kock (C), Temba Bavuma, Rassie van der Dussen, Faf du Plessis, David Miller, Janneman Malan, JJ Smuts, George Linde, Andile Phehlukwayo, Kyle Verreynne, Heinrich Klaasen, Lungi Ngidi, Lutho Sipamla, Beuran Hendricks, Anrich Nortje, Keshav Maharaj
Virat Kohli (C), Shikhar Dhawan, Prithvi Shaw, Manish Pandey, Shreyas Iyer, Shubman Gill, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Lokesh Rahul, Rishabh Pant, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Navdeep Saini, Kuldeep Yadav
- March 12: India vs South Africa, 1st ODI, Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala
- March 15: India vs South Africa, 2nd ODI, Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow
- March 18: India vs South Africa, 3rd ODI, Eden Gardens, Kolkata
- India & Subcontinent – Star Sports, DD Sports
- UK – Sky Sports Cricket
- Australia – Fox Sports
- South Africa – SuperSport
- Canada – ATN Cricket Plus (Asian Television Network)
- USA – Hotstar
- Malaysia – Astro Cricket HD
- MENA – OSN Sports Cricket HD
- Afghanistan – RTA
- Bangladesh – Gazi TV (GTV)
- Pakistan – Ten Sports Pakistan
- Sri Lanka – SLRC (Channel Eye)
Hotstar, Now TV, SuperSport Live, Willow TV Online