The pandemic COVID-19 has disrupted the scheduling of the series in the Future Tour Programs set by the ICC. With the estimated time of resumption of international games still unknown, many series will have to be rescheduled or canceled.
The Indian Premier League (IPL) is already under danger as the pandemic is expected to peak in April in India.
The South African tour of India has already been canceled, along with the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy between Australia and New Zealand.
The Test Championship will seriously take a hit with many famous Test series lined up. For the prospect of qualification for the ODI World cup of 2023, the ODI league’s scheduling is also slated to be disrupted.
The main event of the year, the Men’s T20 World Cup, also play around with the dates due to the delay of resumption of international games. In the build-up to the marquee ICC event, many T20 tours will also be compromised.
Also, it affects the Women’s international games, with newly ground world T20 Champions, Australia tour of South Africa. Later, India travels to England while South Africa tour of the UK later in the year.
- Asia XI v World XI in Bangladesh, 2020
- Australia tour of New Zealand, 2020
- Ireland tour of Zimbabwe, 2020
- Bangladesh tour of Ireland, 2020
- Ireland v Bangladesh in England, 2020
- West Indies tour of England, 2020
- New Zealand tour of Scotland, 2020
- Australia tour of Bangladesh, 2020
- New Zealand tour of Netherlands, 2020
- New Zealand tour of Ireland, 2020
- Australia tour of Scotland, 2020
- Australia tour of England, 2020
- Pakistan tour of Netherlands, 2020
- New Zealand tour of West Indies, 2020
- Pakistan tour of Ireland, 2020
- South Africa tour of West Indies, 2020
- Pakistan tour of England, 2020
- Ireland tour of England, 2020
- ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2020
- Australia Women tour of South Africa, 2020
- India Women tour of England, 2020
- The Women’s Hundred 2020
- South Africa Women tour of England, 2020