The sixth edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL), which was postponed last month due to rising COVID-19 cases among the players and officials, will resume on June 1, the PCB has confirmed.
The T20 competition, which began on February 20 in Karachi, was previously halted after 14 matches.
“The BoG (board of governors) endorsed all recommendations of the fact-finding panel, including robust and stringent implementation of the protocols, as well as maintaining a zero-tolerance approach towards all those who breach the Covid-19 SOPs, which are put in place for safeguarding the health and safety of all participants,” said the PCB after its board of governors’ meeting that was held on Saturday.
Now, a mandatory seven-day quarantine has been finalised for all participants will start from May 22.
“The BoG was informed that as part of the strategy to ensure the HBL PSL 6 resumed and completed in a safe and secure environment, the PCB was in final stages of appointing a globally-recognised safety management company that specialises in providing Covid-safe technology solutions, bio-secure monitoring & management, as well as response and reaction to positive tests,” it further said.
All the remaining matches of PSL 2021 will be held at the National Stadium in Karachi, with Lahore Qalandars facing Islamabad United on June 1. The league stage ends on June 14, and the playoffs will be held from June 16 to June 18. The summit clash has been scheduled for June 20.
Here’s the revised schedule for PSL 2021:
- June 1: Lahore Qalandars vs Islamabad United
- June 2: Multan Sultans vs Karachi Kings
- June 3: Islamabad United vs Quetta Gladiators
- June 4: Peshawar Zalmi vs Lahore Qalandars
- June 5: Islamabad United vs Karachi Kings ; Multan Sultans v Quetta Gladiators
- June 6: Peshawar Zalmi vs Karachi Kings
- June 7: Quetta Gladiators vs Lahore Qalandars
- June 8: Multan Sultans vs Peshawar Zalmi
- June 9: Islamabad United vs Lahore Qalandars
- June 10: Quetta Gladiators vs Karachi Kings
- June 11: Multan Sultans vs Islamabad United
- June 12: Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi; Karachi Kings vs Lahore Qalandars
- June 13: Islamabad United vs Peshawar Zalmi
- June 14: Multan Sultans vs Lahore Qalandars
- June 16: Qualifier (1 vs 2)
- June 17: Eliminator 1 (3 vs 4)
- June 18: Eliminator 2 (loser Qualifier vs winner Eliminator 1)
- June 20: Final