ICC Awards 2021: Here’s the complete list of nominees

Posted On / /
Advertisement
  • The full list for seven categories of ICC Awards 2021 have been revealed.

  • The nominees for each category was picked by the Awards Panel.

ICC Awards 2021: Here’s the complete list of nominees
ICC Awards 2021, Babar Azam, Smriti Mandhana (Photo Source: Twitter)
Advertisement

The International Cricket Council on Friday revealed the full list of nominees for this year’s ICC Awards. The ongoing year witnessed plenty of events, including the final of the 2019-21 ICC World Test Championship in Southampton where Kane Williamson’s New Zealand defeated India by 8 wickets.

Meanwhile, in the 2021 edition of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup, Australia thrashed New Zealand by 8 wickets.

This year’s ICC Awards include nominees in 13 categories. All these players were picked by an elite panel, comprising renowned cricket journalists and ICC CEO, Geoff Allardice.

The Voting Academy will rate the players – first, second and third – in every category. The ICC will also take into account fans’ votes, which will make up 10% of the voting. The Voting Academy will make up the remaining 90%.

The ICC will then combine the votes of the Voting Academy and the fans to determine the winner in each category.

The winners of the Women’s Awards will be announced on January 23 while the Men’s Awards, Spirit of Cricket and Umpire Award will be announced on January 24.

Here are all the categories with their nominees:

Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for ICC Men’s Cricketer of the Year

  • Shaheen Afridi
  • Joe Root
  • Mohammad Rizwan
  • Kane Williamson

Rachael Heyhoe Flint Trophy for ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year

  • Tammy Beaumont
  • Lizelle Lee
  • Smriti Mandhana
  • Gaby Lewis

ICC Men’s Test Cricketer of the Year

  • Joe Root
  • Kyle Jamieson
  • Dimuth Karunaratne
  • Ravichandran Ashwin

ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year

  • Shakib Al Hasan
  • Babar Azam
  • Janneman Malan
  • Paul Stirling

ICC Women’s ODI Cricketer of the Year

  • Tammy Beaumont
  • Lizelle Lee
  • Hayley Matthews
  • Fatima Sana

ICC Men’s T20I Cricketer of the Year

  • Jos Buttler
  • Wanindu Hasaranga
  • Mitchell Marsh
  • Mohammad Rizwan

ICC Women’s T20I Cricketer of the Year

  • Tammy Beaumont
  • Gaby Lewis
  • Smriti Mandhana
  • Nat Sciver

TAGS: , ,

CATEGORY: ICC

For latest cricket news and updates, subscribe to our Daily Newsletter.

About the Author:
Anirudh is a die-hard cricket fan, loves playing, watching and talking about cricket. Cricket is his Religion & 'Sachin Tendulkar' his GOD. His motto of life is Eat, Sleep, Cricket, REPEAT!! You can write to him at anirudh@crickettimes.com or anirudhsingh2904@gmail.com and follow him on Twitter, Facebook & Linkedin.
Advertisement