On Saturday, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) confirmed a change in the schedule for the upcoming white-ball series against West Indies.
The limited-overs fixtures consist of three ODIs and as many T20Is. While the ODI leg will take place in Ahmedabad, T20Is will be played in Kolkata.
Earlier, the matches were scheduled to be held in Jaipur, Cuttack, Visakhapatnam and Thiruvananthapuram, but the rise in Covid-19 cases across the country has forced the board to come up with a revised schedule.
Further, BCCI has also rescheduled the third ODI, which will now be played on February 11 instead of 12. It has been done to ensure that the match does not clash with the Indian Premier League (IPL) auction, which is scheduled to take place on February 12 and 13.
“The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) today announced a change in venues for the upcoming Paytm West Indies’ Tour of India. The West Indies will arrive here for a white-ball series comprising three ODIs and as many T20Is,” said BCCI in a statement on Saturday.
“The three ODIs will now be played at the Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad and three T20Is will be held at the Eden Gardens, Kolkata. The decision to limit the series to two venues instead of six as originally announced has been done to mitigate biosecurity risks by cutting down on travel and movement of the teams, match officials, broadcasters, and other stakeholders,” the statement added.
India vs West Indies 2022 schedule:
- First ODI – February 6 at Narendra Modi International Stadium, Ahmedabad
- Second ODI – February 9 at Narendra Modi International Stadium, Ahmedabad
- Third ODI – February 11 at Narendra Modi International Stadium, Ahmedabad
- First T20I – February 16 at Eden Gardens, Kolkata
- Second T20I – February 18 at Eden Gardens, Kolkata
- Third T20I – February 20 at Eden Gardens, Kolkata