Bangladesh men’s cricket team is set to tour South Africa for the multi-format series in March, Cricket South Africa (CSA) announced on Wednesday (February 9).
The tour comprises of three One-Day Internationals (ODIs) and two Test matches, to be played from March 18 to April 12 across four venues. The ODI fixtures will be part of the ICC ODI Super League, while the red-ball games will be part of the World Test Championship (WTC) 2021-23.
SuperSport Park in Centurion will host two of the ODI matches, while one game will be played at the Imperial Wanderers in Johannesburg. Similarly, Kingsmead in Durban will host the Test series opener, and the second match will be played at St. George’s Park Cricket Ground in Gqeberha.
“SuperSport Park will host two of the ODI matches, with the third taken by the Imperial Wanderers, while the coastal cities of Durban and Gqeberha will take on the Test fixtures. The tour is of great significance for the hosts, as both series count for vital points in the ICC Cricket World Cup Super League and the ICC World Test Championship,” said CSA in a statement.
Here is the full schedule of the Bangladesh tour of South Africa:
- First ODI – Friday, March 18 13:00 Local Time, SuperSport Park, Centurion
- Second ODI – Sunday, March 20, 10:00 Local Time, Imperial Wanderers, Johannesburg
- Third ODI – Wednesday, March 23 13:00 Local Time, SuperSport Park, Centurion
- First Test – Thursday, March 31 – April 4, 10:00 AM Local Time Kingsmead, Durban
- Second Test – Friday, April 8 -12, 10:00 AM Local Time, St. George’s Park Cricket, Gqeberha