Ahead of the upcoming Caribbean Premier League (CPL) 2022, all the six franchises, on Monday, announced the pre-draft retentions and signings, which include a maximum of seven players in each team. Notably, the 2022 season of CPL is set to start on August 30.
Notably, there were two pre-draft windows for the 2022 season. In the first window, each franchise could retain up to five Caribbean players with a maximum of two from the top five salary spots. Similarly, teams were allowed to sign two more local players in the second window.
Apart from Guyana Amazon Warriors and Jamaica Tallawahs, who have retained six and five players, respectively, all the remaining franchises have utilised their full quota.
Speaking about some major deals, then Trinbago Knight Riders (TKR) made the sharpest move by signing power-strikers Andre Russell and Nicholas Pooran after retaining captain Kieron Pollard and star spinner Sunil Narine among others.
Reigning champions St Kitts and Nevis Patriots retained the likes of Dwayne Bravo, Evin Lewis, Sheldon Cottrell and signed a few familiar names like Darren Bravo and Andre Fletcher. Last season’s runner-ups, St Lucia Kings, retained some star cricketers like Roston Chase, Kesrick Williams, and Alzarri Joseph.
Complete list of Pre-draft retentions and signings:
- Trinbago Knight Riders: Kieron Pollard, Andre Russell, Sunil Narine, Nicholas Pooran, Akeal Hosein, Jayden Seales, Tion Webster
- Saint Lucia Kings: Roston Chase, Johnson Charles, Kesrick Williams, Alzarri Joseph, Mark Deyal, Jeavor Royal
- Jamaica Tallawahs: Rovman Powell, Fabian Allen, Brandon King, Kennar Lewis, Shamarh Brooks
- St Kitts & Nevis Patriots: DJ Bravo, Darren Bravo, Evin Lewis, Andre Fletcher, Sherfane Rutherford, Sheldon Cottrell, Dominic Drakes
- Barbados Royals: Jason Holder, Obed McCoy, Kyle Mayers, Hayden Walsh Jr, Devon Thomas, Oshane Thomas, Nayeem Young
- Guyana Amazon Warriors: Shimron Hetmyer, Odean Smith, Romario Shepherd, Chandrapaul Hemraj, Keemo Paul, Gudakesh Motie