Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise Delhi Capitals (DC) has called up five J&K cricketers for the trial camp that is slated to take place in Delhi on October 26 and 27.
Recently, DC management held a selection trial in Srinagar. About 50 players from J&K took part in those tryouts. The franchise selected five players from that group for the main trials.
5 players from J&K who are in the Delhi Capitals trial camp are:-
- Shubham Khajuria: He has been a member of the J&K team for many years and also represented India at the Under-19 level.
- Jiyaad Magrey: He is a rising talent and has the potential to be a match-winner for his side.
- Sharukh Dar: He is J&K’s second-fastest bowler after Umran Malik and has been part of some IPL franchises as a net bowler.
- Mujtaba Yousuf: He has featured in junior side camps for India and was a net bowler for IPL teams off late.
- Abid Mushtaq: He is a gifted all-rounder and has done reasonably well for J&K with both bat and ball.
There are reports that other franchisees are also conducting camp-cum trials ahead of the IPL 2023 auction in December. They have called up players based on Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy T20 tournament performances.