The ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022 is all set to commence on October 16 in Australia. The 20-over tournament, which ends on November 13, will be contested between 16 teams, eight of whom have already qualified for the Super 12 phase. Four other sides will join them from the First Round, which will be played amongst eight teams.
Sri Lanka will face Namibia in the first match of the multi-team event in Geelong, while the opener of the Super 12 phase will be played between hosts Australia and their neighbours New Zealand in Sydney.
Australia, England, New Zealand and Afghanistan have been placed in Group 1, while India, Pakistan, South Africa and Bangladesh are in Group 2.
Meanwhile, ICC has announced the broadcast and live-streaming details for the upcoming event. The 2022 T20 World Cup will be televised and live-streamed across continents with Star Network, Sky Sports and ESPN among the major broadcasters.
Live matches on TV and streaming details:
- India & rest of the Indian sub-continent (excluding Pakistan and Bangladesh): Star Sports
- Pakistan: PTV & ARY Digital Networks
- Bangladesh: Gazi TV, Rabbithole
- Canada: Willow, Hotstar
- USA: Willow, ESPN+
- USA (Central & South America and Mexico): ESPN+
- Caribbean: ESPN
- United Kingdom: Sky Sports
- Sub Saharan Africa: SuperSport
- Singapore: StarHub
- Malaysia: Astro, YuppTV
- Hong Kong: Now TV Now TV, YuppTV
- Australia: Fox Sports, Kayo
- New Zealand: Sky Sport
- PNG, Fiji & Pacific Islands: PNG Digicel
- Rest of the World (Continental Europe, SE Asia & Central /South America): Yupp TV