Cricket Australia on Tuesday announced their 15-member squad for the upcoming tour of India. Wicketkeeper-batter Alyssa Healy will lead Australia’s women’s T20I team in the absence of regular skipper Meg Lanning.
All-rounder Tahila McGrath has been named vice-captain after the retirement of Rachael Haynes.
Kim Garth, Phoebe Litchfield and Heather Graham are in line to make their T20I debuts, with Ireland-born Garth and Litchfield receiving their maiden call-up for the India tour.
Australia will play five T20Is against India in Mumbai in December, with the first two matches at the DY Patil Stadium and the next three at the Brabourne Stadium.
“These five matches form an important part of the team’s preparations for the upcoming T20 World Cup in South Africa as well as providing an opportunity for some players to gain some experience in Indian conditions,” Australia’s Head of Performance (Women’s Cricket) and National Selector, Shawn Flegler said in a press release.
“India will be a good test, they’re a strong side, and the two teams have had some good battles in recent times.
“Without Meg and Rachael, this series will provide opportunities for players particularly in the top order, so we’re looking forward to seeing who puts their hand up.”
Australia women’s squad for India tour:
Alyssa Healy (c & wk), Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Tahlia McGrath (vc), Darcie Brown, Nicola Carey, Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Heather Graham, Grace Harris, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Phoebe Litchfield, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland.
India vs Australia T20I, Fixtures
- 1st T20I: Friday, December 9, DY Patil Stadium, Mumbai, 7 pm IST/12:30 am AEDT
- 2nd T20I: Sunday, December 11, DY Patil Stadium, Mumbai, 7 pm IST/12:30 am AEDT
- 3rd T20I: Wednesday, December 14, Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai, 7 pm IST/12:30 am AEDT
- 4th T20I: Saturday, December 17, Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai, 7 pm IST/12:30 am AEDT
- 5th T20I: Tuesday, December 20, Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai, 7 pm IST/12:30 am AEDT