The mini auction for Indian Premier League (IPL) 2023 is set to take place at the Grand Hyatt hotel in Kochi on Friday, December 23. A total of 405 players will go under the hammer to fill the gap of remaining slots in the ten IPL teams.
The squad size of each franchise can reach maximum to 25. However, several franchises have retained their core group of players. So, there are a maximum of 87 seats (30 overseas players) available for all 10 teams.
England all-rounder Sam Curran, who was the ‘Player of the Tournament’ in the recently-concluded T20 World Cup, and Ben Stokes are in the highest base price bracket of Rs 2 crore while out of favour India opener Mayank Agarwal has put his name up at Rs 1 crore.
“Out of 405 players, 273 are Indians and 132 are overseas players of which 4 players are from associate nations. The total capped players are 119, uncapped players are 282 and 4 from associate nations. A maximum of 87 slots are now available with up to 30 being slotted for overseas players,” the BCCI said in a press-release.
Players in the Top 5 sets for the 2023 IPL auction
- Set 1 (Batters): Mayank Agarwal (Rs 1 cr), Harry Brook (Rs 1.5 cr), Ajinkya Rahane (Rs 50 lakh), Joe Root (Rs 1 cr), Rilee Rossouw (Rs 2 cr), Kane Williamson (Rs 2 cr)
- Set 2 (All-rounders): Sam Curran (Rs 2 cr), Cameron Green (Rs 2 cr), Shakib al Hasan (Rs 1.5 cr), Jason Holder (Rs 2 cr), Sikandar Raza (Rs 50 lakh), Odean Smith (Rs 50 lakh), Ben Stokes (Rs 2 cr)
- Set 3 (Wicketkeeper): Tom Banton (Rs 2 cr), Litton Das (Rs 50 lakh), Heinrich Klaasen (Rs 1 cr), Kusal Mendis (Rs 50 lakh), Nicholas Pooran (Rs 2 cr), Phil Salt (Rs 2 cr)
- Set 4 (Fast Bowlers): Chris Jordan (Rs 2 cr), Adam Milne (Rs 2 cr), Jhye Richardson (Rs 1.5 cr), Ishant Sharma (Rs 50 lakh), Reece Topley (Rs 75 lakh), Jaydev Unadkat (Rs 50 lakh)
- Set 5 (Spinners): Akeal Hossain (Rs 1 cr), Mayank Markande (Rs 50 lakh), Mujeeb Rahman (Rs 1 cr), Adil Rashid (Rs 2 cr), Tabraiz Shamsi (Rs 1 cr), Adam Zampa (Rs 1.5 cr)