India started their new year campaign on a high by defeating Sri Lanka in both T20I and 0DI series. The next challenge for the Men in Blue comes from the Black Caps.
India and New Zealand will face each other in three ODIs and as many T20Is starting from Wednesday (January 18). The Kiwis recently thrashed Babar Azam’s team in Pakistan in the 50-overs format.
The upcoming white-ball rubber becomes more important since India will host the ODI World cup in October this year. Therefore, both teams will try to rehearse, make a note and resolve their shortcomings before the global event takes place.
Rohit Sharma will continue to lead the Indian side in ODIs, while Hardik Pandya will captain the hosts in the shortest format.
On the other hand, in the absence of Kane Williamson, wicketkeeper-batter Tom Latham will be seen in the role of New Zealand skipper during the ODIs. Meanwhile, Mitchell Santner will lead the Blackcaps in T20Is.
Fixtures of IND vs NZ, ODI series
- First ODI: January 18, Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad at 1:30 pm IST/08:00 am GMT
- Second ODI: January 21, Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh International Stadium in Raipur at 1:30 pm/08:00 am GMT
- Third ODI: January 24, Holkar Cricket Stadium in Indore at at 1:30 pm/08:00 am GMT
Fixtures of IND vs NZ, T20I series
- First T20I: January 27, JSCA International Stadium Complex in Ranchi at 7:00 pm IST/1:30 pm GMT
- Second T20I: January 29, Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium in Lucknow at 7:00 pm IST/1:30 pm GMT
- Third T20I: February 01, Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad at 7:00 pm IST/1:30 pm GMT
India’s ODI squad: Rohit Sharma (c), Shubman Gill, Ishan Kishan, Virat Kohli, Rajat Patidar, Suryakumar Yadav, KS Bharat (wk), Hardik Pandya (vc), Washington Sundar, Shahbaz Ahmed, Shardul Thakur, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammad Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Umran Malik
New Zealand;s ODI squad: Tom Latham (c), Finn Allen, Michael Bracewell, Devon Conway, Lockie Ferguson, Matt Henry, Adam Milne, Daryl Mitchell, Henry Nicholls, Glenn Phillips, Mitchell Santner, Henry Shipley, Ish Sodhi
India’s T20I squad: Hardik Pandya (c), Suryakumar Yadav (vc), Ishan Kishan (wk), R Gaikwad, Shubman Gill, Deepak Hooda, Rahul Tripathi, Jitesh Sharma (wk), Washington Sundar, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Arshdeep Singh, Umran Malik, Shivam Mavi, Prithvi Shaw, Mukesh Kumar
New Zealand’s T20I squad: Mitchell Santner (c), Finn Allen, Michael Bracewell, Mark Chapman, Dane Cleaver, Devon Conway, Jacob Duffy, Lockie Ferguson, Ben Lister, Daryl Mitchell, Glenn Phillips, Michael Rippon, Henry Shipley, Ish Sodhi, Blair Tickner