Team India did not have a fruitful 2022 season. Despite being full of superstars, the Men in Blue lost in two big tournaments – Asia Cup and T20 World Cup – attracting criticism from all corners. Though, India maintained their bilateral supremacy by defeating England, South Africa, and Australia at home.
Now in the year 2023, Team India will have two chances to end their title drought, as the Asia Cup and the highly anticipated 50-over World Cup will take place this year. The Men in Blue will also play numerous bilateral matches to finalize their selection for the main events. Further, India also have a chance to win the World Test Championship (WTC) final as they are prime contenders to play the summit clash.
Team India schedule for 2023:
January: India vs Sri Lanka (Home)
- 1st T20I (January 3) – Mumbai
- 2nd T20I (Jan 5) – Pune
- 3rd T20I (Jan 7) – Rajkot
- 1st ODI (Jan 10) – Guwahati
- 2nd ODI (January 12) – Kolkata
- 3rd ODI (Jan 15) – Thiruvananthapuram
January/February: India v New Zealand (Home)
- 1st ODI (Hyderabad) – January 18
- 2nd ODI (Raipur) – January 21
- 3rd ODI (Indore) – January 24
- 1st T20I (Ranchi) – January 27
- 2nd T20I (Lucknow) – January 29
- 3rd T20I (Ahmedabad) – February 1
February/March: India v Australia (Home)
- 1st Test (Nagpur) – Feb 9-13
- 2nd Test (Delhi) – Feb 17-21
- 3rd Test (Dharmshala) – Mar 1-5
- 4th Test (Ahmedabad) – March 9-13
- 1st ODI (Mumbai) – March 17
- 2nd ODI (Vishakhapatnam) – March 19
- 3rd ODI (Chennai) – March 22
March-May: Indian Premier League
- The schedule is yet to be announced.
June: World Test Championship Final
- Currently, India are second in the WTC table and are primed to qualify for the final. Their most likely opponents would be Australia, who are at the top.
July/August: West Indies vs India (Away)
- The series will feature two Tests, three ODIs and three T20Is and the fixtures are yet to be announced.
September: Asia Cup 2023 (Away)
- Pakistan are scheduled to host the tournament, but issues between the BCCI and PCB may lead to some change.
October: India vs Australia (Home)
- Australia will come to India for a three-match ODI series to prepare for the World Cup. The schedule is yet to be announced.
October/November: ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup
- India will be the sole host of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup in 2023. India have earlier won the 1983 and 2011 editions of the tournament.
November/ December: Australia v India (Home)
- Australia will travel to India for the third time in the year to play five T20Is. The schedule is yet to be announced.
December 2023: India v South Africa (Away)
- The schedule and fixtures are yet to be announced.