The Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020 saw a plethora of individual and team brilliance. After 60 matches, it was the Mumbai Indians (MI), who emerged victorious with a record-extending fifth title, but that doesn’t undermine the runner-ups Delhi Capitals (DC) who could not last all the way.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) did a great job by shifting the T20 extravaganza to UAE. At one stage, it looked like IPL may not take place due to COVID-19 outbreak. The board was always open to shifting the tournament out of India. In July, it officially announced UAE as the host of IPL 2020. It was for the first time after 10 years that BCCI shifted the whole season overseas.
As the 13th season of the IPL concluded on Tuesday (November 10), players were rewarded with trophies and cheques for putting the tournament on fire with their outstanding performances.
— IndianPremierLeague (@IPL) November 10, 2020
Here is the complete list of award winners of IPL 2020
- Emerging Player: Devdutt Padikkal (Royal Challengers Bangalore)
- Orange Cap: KL Rahul (Kings XI Punjab)
- Purple Cap: Kagiso Rabada (Delhi Capitals)
- Game Changer of the Season: KL Rahul (Kings XI Punjab)
- Super-Striker of the Season: Kieron Pollard (Mumbai Indians)
- Most Sixes in the season: Ishan Kishan (Mumbai Indians)
- Powerplayer of the season: Trent Boult (Mumbai Indians)
- Fairplay Award: Mumbai Indians (MI)
- Most Valuable Player (MVP): Jofra Archer (Rajasthan Royals)
- Runners-Up: Delhi Capitals (DC)
- Winners: Mumbai Indians (MI)