James Faulkner leaves PSL 2022 over contract dispute; PCB bans him for life

Posted On / /
Advertisement
  • James Faulkner opted out of PSL 2022 on Saturday.

  • PCB has now imposed a life ban on the Aussie cricketer.

James Faulkner leaves PSL 2022 over contract dispute; PCB bans him for life
James Faulkner (Photo Source: Twitter)
Advertisement

Australian all-rounder James Faulkner left the ongoing season of Pakistan Super League (PSL) on Saturday and flew back home after accusing Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) of not honouring his contractual agreement.

Faulkner, who played six matches for the Quetta Gladiators this season, has apologised to the Pakistan cricket fans for withdrawing from the tournament.

“I apologise to the Pakistan cricket fans. But unfortunately, I’ve had to withdraw from the last two matches and leave the PSL due to the PCB not honouring my contractual agreements/payments.

“I’ve been here the whole duration and they have continued to lie to me,” Faulkner wrote in a Twitter thread.

“It hurts to leave as I wanted to help to get international cricket back in Pakistan as there is so much young talent and the fans are amazing. But the treatment I have received has been a disgrace from the @TheRealPCB and @thePSLt20.

“I’m sure you all understand my position,” he added.

In response, the PCB has termed Faulkner’s allegations as baseless and handed him a life ban from the competition.

“In the seven years of the HBL Pakistan Super League, no player has ever complained about the non-fulfillment of the PCB’s contractual obligations,” the board said in a statement.

The PCB also revealed that Faulkner had been paid 70% of his contracted fee, while the remaining 30% was to be paid after the completion of the tournament, the fees which will be now be reviewed.

“In wake of the above, and taking serious note of Mr James Faulkner’s gross misconduct… it has been unanimously agreed by the PCB and the franchises that Mr James Faulkner will not be drafted in future HBL Pakistan Super League events,” the statement added.

TAGS: , , , ,

CATEGORY: James Faulkner

For latest cricket news and updates, subscribe to our Daily Newsletter.

About the Author:
Anirudh is a die-hard cricket fan, loves playing, watching and talking about cricket. Cricket is his Religion & 'Sachin Tendulkar' his GOD. His motto of life is Eat, Sleep, Cricket, REPEAT!! You can write to him at anirudh@crickettimes.com or anirudhsingh2904@gmail.com and follow him on Twitter, Facebook & Linkedin.
Advertisement