The upcoming edition of the Asia Cup is all set to take place in the United Arab Emirates from August 27. Six teams will participate in the 2022 season, out of which five have already been confirmed.
The five qualified teams are India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Afghanistan. While Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and Afghanistan are part of Group B, India and Pakistan are the two confirmed teams in Group A.
The third team of Group A will be decided after the completion of the qualifiers, which will take place from August 20 to August 24 in Oman. Four teams – Singapore, Hong Kong, UAE, and Kuwait – will take part in the qualifiers, and the winners of this competition will then join India and Pakistan in Group A.
Notably, the qualifiers will be played in the round-robin format, with each team playing three matches to qualify for the multi-team event. The Men in Blue will take on the winners of the qualifier tournament on August 31 in Dubai, while Pakistan will face them on September 2 in Sharjah.
Full Schedule of Asia Cup Qualifiers:
- August 20 – Singapore vs Hong Kong 7:30 PM IST
- August 21 – United Arab Emirates vs Kuwait 7:30 PM IST
- August 22– United Arab Emirates vs Singapore 7:30 PM IST
- August 23 – Kuwait vs Hong Kong 7:30 PM IST
- August 24 – Singapore vs Kuwait 5:30 PM IST
- August 24 -Hong Kong vs United Arab Emirates 9:30 PM IST
- Al-Amerat Cricket Ground in Oman will host all the qualifiers games.
Broadcast and Streaming details:
- The qualifiers will be live telecasted on the Star Sports network in India, and Disney + Hotstar will live stream the event.